The duration of a presentation slot is 18 minutes. You will have 15 minutes for the presentation itself and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
An LCD projector & computer (Windows 7, MS Powerpoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in every session room for regular presentations.
Preparation of Visuals:
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST EITHER BRING BRING YOUR OWN MEMORY STICK CONTAINING YOUR PRESENTATION FILE OR YOUR OWN LAPTOP COMPUTER WITH THE APPROPRIATE PRESENTATION SOFTWARE LOADED. Files can be uploaded to the local PCs in the lecture rooms during the breaks between the sessions. To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to EMBED ALL FONTS in your Powerpoint file AND bring a backup PDF-version of your presentation.
- Speakers should arrive in their session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of your session to report to the chair person. A proctor will also be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to visit the Speaker Preparation room in advance of your presentation to avoid any last minute problems. The Speakers’ Preparation room will be available on all days that sessions are scheduled.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 20.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.
There will be a large number of posters presented during the conference. It is essential that your poster is put up just before the session and removed immediately after it has ended.
The placement of your poster will be marked on the panel, where it will be presented with the number of your poster contribution: Ex. A5P-N.1 (A=first day, 5=the time slot, P=poster session, N=Area 1, .1=poster 1). Look for your number in the conference program.
The size of the poster panel that is available to each presenter is
170cm (high) x 140cm (wide)
The format of the poster panel is portrait (height > width). This can not be modified. You are free to choose a single poster (or many smaller posters) that fit on the given panel size.
Your posters will be attached to the panel with push pins, which will already be available on the panel. If you need more pins, please contact the poster area proctor. After you have removed your poster, please leave pins on the board.